News Flash Home
The original item was published from 9/21/2018 9:30:00 AM to 9/21/2018 9:31:03 AM.
Posted on: October 1, 2018
[ARCHIVED] Your Road Improvement Dollars at Work
ROADWAYS85 miles of roadways are heavily used and in need of ongoing maintenance in Watsonville.
REPAIR & UPGRADE$4 Million dollars is what it takes to repair, upgrade, and reconstruct one (1) mile of road.
ROAD IMPROVEMENTS$750,000 is the current annual budget to fund local Watsonville road improvements.
GAS TAXGas tax doubles funding for road maintenance projects, through Senate Bill 1 (SB1), allowing Watsonville to catch up on years of unfunded needs.
GAS TAX/SB1 PROVIDES FUNDING FOR:
- Filling potholes and re-paving roads
- Road safety improvements
- Pedestrian and bicycle safety projects
- Highway 1 congestion reduction and bridge improvements
- Public transit/METRO improvemenets
- Miles of repairs to local Watsonville streets
UPCOMING WATSONVILLE ROAD, TRANSIT, AND SAFETY IMPROVEMENTS:
- Downtown revitalization (West Beach Rd. to Freedom Blvd.)
- Freedom Blvd. (Alta Vista Rd. to Green Valley Rd.)
- Freedom Blvd. (Green Valley Rd. to Airport Blvd.)
- Green Valley Rd. (Freedom Blvd. to City limits)
- Pothole repairs and road maintenance projects city-wide
- Pajaro Valley High School connector trail (Airport Blvd. to Harkins Slough Rd.)