Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The Watsonville Police Department will be doubling enforcement efforts to address illegal fireworks this year. Violators will now face criminal citations with fines up to $1,000 or one month in prison.
Watsonville Police Department Enforcement:
* As the 4th of July quickly approaches, the firework activity has been steadily increasing. The Watsonville Police Department will be stepping up their enforcement efforts with additional police officers and some new enforcement.
* Keep in mind that in order for police to take enforcement action, the officer must see the violation or the community member reporting the incident must be willing to come forward with video evidence
* During the week leading up to the 4th of July the Watsonville Police Department will be doubling their firework enforcement.
* Criminal citations instead of administrative citations will be issued this year.
* Violators face a fine of up $1,000 or one month in prison
2018 Illegal Fireworks Operation
The Watsonville Fire Department wants to remind you:
* Only use Safe and Sane fireworks in city limits
* Always have a responsible adult lighting the fireworks
* It is illegal for children and teenagers under the age of 18 to ignite fireworks in the City of Watsonville
* Don’t use fireworks near dry grass or other combustible areas
* Always have a bucket of water and a hose nearby
* Fireworks are not toys! Please use them responsibly and safely!