The Airport Blvd. Improvements Project began on Monday, April 23, 2018. Graniterock will be making improvements to the street, sidewalk, and bus stops. Access to driveways and sidewalks will be impacted at various times throughout the project. Traffic control measures will be in place to alert pedestrians and motorists of roadway construction. Below is an approximate schedule for the project:
April 23rd to June 1st - Sidewalk and Curb & Gutter Removal and Replacement
- Sidewalks will be closed at various locations but strategically to keep pedestrian access around the work.
- Driveways within job limits will be temporarily closed at various times for reconstruction.
- Bus stops within work limits (3 ea.) will be shut down one at a time for required work at each of the locations.
June 4th to June 22nd - Roadway Reconstruction
- Portions of Airport Blvd. will be closed for several days to allow reconstruction of roadway.
- Driveways will have limited access while work is occurring in front of driveways.
The project area (limits) are from the intersection of Freedom Blvd. and Airport Blvd., 1300 ft. North East along Airport Blvd. including the entire roadway and sidewalks. For additional information, contact Public Works' Engineering at (831) 768-3100.