It is the mission of the Code Enforcement Division to work in partnership with the community to promote and maintain a healthy, safe and desirable environment. The Code Enforcement division helps maintain or improve the quality of the community by administering a fair and unbiased enforcement program to correct violations of codes and ordinances enacted by the City Council in regard to property, buildings and structures. The Division enforces all Municipal Code regulations related to building and zoning, such as:
- Commercial signage
- Non-permitted construction
- Property maintenance
- Public nuisances
- Substandard rental housing
- Unlicensed businesses
- Zoning/land use
The Division's highest priority is to quickly respond to life -safety concerns, such as hazardous living conditions, health hazards, dangerous occupied garages, improper mechanical equipment or improper electrical installations.
Code Violation Concerns
If you have a concern regarding a possible code violation, contact the Community Development Department. You must provide the address of the suspected violation and your name and contact information. All contact information is kept confidential and will not be shared.
You may also submit a Code Enforcement Complaint online.
What to do if you receive a Notice of Violation
- Call the Code Enforcement Officer whose name and number is listed on the Violation. DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE. We are here to work with you to gain compliance.
- Find out how to correct the violation and do so promptly
- You can ask for additional time provided you are making progress on the violations. Some problems are serious and correction must not be delayed. Remember to get proper permits that may be required for some repairs.
- If you are unwilling or unable to take prompt action to correct the violation, there are several possible consequences including fines and penalties.