Fair Political Practices Commission Filings

Election Campaign Contribution Control Ordinance - Watsonville Municipal Code, Title 1, Chapter 6 (Ordinance 1265-10 (CM)
Agency Report of New Positions

Committee Campaign Statement (Form 460)

Candidate controlled committees use the Recipient Committee Campaign Statement (Form 460) to report campaign activity for all semi-annual, pre-election, and supplemental pre-election statements. Please visit the Fair Political Practices Website for information about who needs to file and forms needed.

Statement of Economic Interest Form (Form 700)

The Political Reform Act (Gov. Code Sections 81000- 91014) requires most state and local government officials and employees to publicly disclose their personal assets and income. They also must disqualify themselves from participating in decisions that may affect their personal economic interests. The Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC) is the state agency responsible for issuing the attached Statement of Economic Interests, Form 700, and for interpreting the law’s provisions.

Payment to Agency Report (Form 801)

This form is used to report certain payments received by state and local government agencies. FPPC Regulations 18944 and 18950.1 provide a procedure that state and local agencies may use to disclose payments used for agency purposes and paid by a third party. The regulations’ reporting procedures provide an alternative means to disclose a payment that may otherwise be considered income or a gift to a benefiting employee and subject to reporting on a Statement of Economic Interest, Form 700.

Agency Report of New Positions (Form 804)

State and local government agencies may use this form to identify new positions that will make or participate in making governmental decisions on behalf of the agency. An individual in a newly created position must file a Statement of Economic Interests (Form 700)

Agency Report of: Public Official Appointments (Form 806)

This form is used to report additional compensation that officials receive when appointing themselves to positions on committees, boards or commissions of a public agency, special district, and joint powers agency or authority. For example, a city councilmember may be appointed to serve as the city’s representative on a joint powers insurance authority or a metropolitan planning organization or mayor. (Regulation 18705.5, amended 03.2012) Each agency must post on its website a single Form 806 which lists all the paid appointed positions. When there is a change in compensation or a new appointment, the Form 806 is updated to reflect the change. The form must be updated promptly as changes occur.