Crime, Accident, or Incident

You may make a police report in person at the Watsonville Police Department.

Non-Emergency Issues

If you are reporting a non-emergency issue, you can call 831-471-1151 to file a police report. It can be to report:
  • Harassing phone calls
  • Hit and runs
  • Identity theft
  • Lost property
  • Theft
  • Vehicle burglary
  • Vehicle tampering
  • Vandalism
If you have suspect information, you should work directly with a police officer by calling 831-471-1151 or visiting the police department and picking up the lobby phone.
Citizen Files a Report to Police Officers

Requesting Police Services for an Emergency

Please call 911 or 831-471-1170. It is appropriate to call 911 for calls which involve a crime, accident or incident requiring a uniformed police officer to respond.

Crime Tip Line

To submit a crime tip, call 831-768-3544. Anonymous information may be left on an answering machine in the police department through the Crime Tip Line. This line is checked regularly.

Alternate Emergency 7-Digit Telephone Number

To report an emergency, you may also call 831-471-1151. When requesting assistance from the Police Department, realize that requests are prioritized with emergency calls having priority over non-emergency calls. The officer will respond to your call as soon as possible.

Operator Questions

When calling you will be asked:
  • What is the problem?
  • Where is the problem?
  • Is it still happening (in progress)?
  • How many people are involved?
  • Are there weapons involved?
  • What do the people look like (sex, age, race, height, weight, what are they wearing)?
  • Are there vehicles involved?
  • Can you describe them (year, make, model, color, license plate)?
  • Which way did they go?
  • What is your name, address, and telephone number?