Community members will submit an application and will be selected by the Councilmembers on the AD-HOC Committee. Members will be selected based on a number of demonstrated characteristics, including:
• A commitment to racial equity, social and environmental justice, diversity and inclusion.
• The ability to work collaboratively with people of diverse perspectives and experiences.
• Knowledge of or experience in any of the following: in policy development, evaluation, local government and/or public sector partnerships, public safety, social and human services, human resources, public participation, service design and delivery, research, education or business.
• Demonstrated understanding of the systemic issues and barriers that should be examined.
• The ability to represent the geographic and demographic diversity of the City.
A total of 12 community members will be selected to participate on the Committee.
The Ad Hoc Committee will serve for a period of no more than 12 months, and Committee members will be expected to serve approximately 8 -10 hours per month.
All members must live within City limits to participate on the Committee (proof of address will be required).