The City of Watsonville is closely monitoring the impacts of COVID-19 on our community, including businesses and employees. Resources on this page will be updated as new information is available. Check back regularly for updates. We are working to bring you the best resources and information to help you navigate this challenging time.
- Several local lenders are preparing to offer this program. Locally, Santa Cruz County Bank is ready to serve businesses.
- Eligible recipients may qualify for a loan up to $10 million determined by 8 weeks of prior average payroll plus an additional 25% of that amount.
- Loan payments will be deferred for six months.
- If you maintain your workforce, SBA will forgive the portion of the loan proceeds that are used to cover the first 8 weeks of payroll and certain other expenses following loan origination.
Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL) and Loan Advance:
- Economic Injury Disaster Loans provides small businesses with working capital loans of up to $2 million that can provide vital economic support to small businesses to help overcome the temporary loss of revenue they are experiencing.
- The Loan Advance will provide up to $10,000 in economic relief to businesses that are currently experiencing a temporary loss of revenue. Funds will be made available within three days of a successful application. This loan advance will not have to be repaid
- If you have already applied for a Disaster Loan you can go back into your application to request an Advance Loan as well.
SBA Debt Relief
- Under this program the SBA will pay the principal and interest of new 7(a) loans issued prior to September 27, 2020.
- The SBA will also pay the principal and interest of current 7(a) loans for a period of six months.
- SBA Express Bridge Loans o Allows small businesses who currently have a business relationship with an SBA Express Lender to access up to $25,000 with less paperwork. These loans will be repaid in full or in part by proceeds from the EIDL loan.
- Small Business Development Center
- El Pajaro Community Development Corporation: Offering webinars, training and technical assistance for businesses who have questions or need assistance to access programs of the economic relief package - Call 831722-1224 or email email@example.com
Below is a list of resources and information you may not want to miss:
KION 5/46: Offering free business listings for businesses who are open.
Guide on Preparing Workplace for COVID-19: (OSHA) Guide on Preparing Workplace for COVID-19
Workplace Health and Safety: Cal/OSHA guidance for employers and workers
Work Sharing Program (WSP): The WSP helps employers minimize or eliminate the need for layoffs, keep trained employees.
Facebook Grants: Facebook will be offering $100 million in cash grants and ad credits for up to 30,000 eligible small businesses