Downtown Complete Streets Plan
The City of Watsonville is looking to prepare a complete streets plan for the downtown area to enable safe access for all users, including pedestrians, bicyclists, transit riders, and motorists of all ages and abilities. The City will be hosting community workshops over the next year to obtain feedback on desired improvements. The City invites residents to give input at one or all of the outreach venues.
Give us your feedback
View the alternatives (based on comments gathered to date) in virtual reality and please provide your feedback.
Several information booths and community workshops will be held over the summer, fall and winter to provide the community with opportunities to provide input. Please check back periodically for project updates.
- Community Meetings Schedule
- The City hosted booths about the downtown Watsonville Complete Streets Plan at the Farmers Market on April 13th, at Earth Day/Day of the Child event in the City Plaza on April 22nd, at Open Streets day on Brennan and Union Streets on June 3 and most recently at the 24th Annual Watsonville Strawberry Festival on August 4th. Visitors were invited to comment on the following:
- Pedestrian improvements, bike improvements, amenities and styles that could be included in the Plan.(Image Boards)
- Reconfiguring the travel lanes, bike lanes, parking, landscaping and sidewalks on Main St., Rodriguez St., Brennan St., and Union St. (Section Options) You can also view the Alternative Plans.
- Input Results from Project Input Booth #1 Survey Results.
- Farmer's Market - August 17th - 2:00-7:00 p.m.
- Cabrillo College Open House - September 5th - 11:30 am-1:30 pm
- Please park in nearby city public parking lots as school will be in session and parking restrictions will be enforced in the staff and student lots.
- Farmers' Market (April 13th)
- Earth Day/Day of the Child (April 22nd)
- Open Streets Watsonville (June 3rd)
- Watsonville Strawberry Festival -(August 4th)
Grant to Develop Watsonville Complete Streets Plan
The City of Watsonville was awarded a $250,000 Planning Grant from Caltrans. The grant will allow the City, in partnership with the Santa Cruz County Regional Transportation Commission (SCCRTC) and Caltrans, to develop a plan for roadway improvements in the Main Street area of downtown Watsonville that benefits pedestrians, bicyclists, public transit riders and motorists. Public engagement will be done to solicit community. The plan will identify improvements that provide comfortable access to area shopping and services for all users, create a vibrant atmosphere, improve facilities for people living with disabilities and will support City and Statewide greenhouse gas emission reduction goals. Work on the plan will be done over the next twelve months.