There is currently road work at the following locations:
- Roadwork | Ongoing - Airport Blvd. Larkin Valley Rd. to Aviation Way - Granite Construction continues roadwork on Airport Blvd. from Larkin Valley to Aviation Way. Lane closures during the day for roadside work.
Update - 5/23/19 - This project is scheduled to resume on Thursday Night May 30, 2019. Working hours will be Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Sunday night through Friday night 8:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. - Traffic delays during the dates of May 30th through June 10, 2019.
This project includes installation of sidewalks where none exist, high visibility crosswalks and curb ramps at corners, refuge island for enhanced pedestrian safety crossing will also be installed at the intersection with Holm Road. Existing signs and striping will also be upgraded within the project area.Updates for paving schedule will be posted when available. Please watch out for work crew. Let's keep everyone safe!
- Underground Construction - West Beach Street and Lee Road - Beginning Monday, May 13th, Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. - The construction activity will involve work in the roadways and will impact normal traffic operations. Traffic will be detoured and/or guided with combination of detour signs and or flaggers.
- COMPLETED - Sidewalk Repair | 5/6/2019 - Alta Vista Drive - DMV - Department of Motor Vehicles - 97 alta Vista Dr. Sidewalk Repair will be happening at 97 Alta Vista D. (Department of Motor Vehicles). The project should be completed within a week. Please watch out for work crew. Let's keep everyone safe!
- COMPLETED - Traffic Safety | Beginning week of 5/6/19 - Clifford Ave. From Pennsylvania to Claremont - The City's Traffic Operations crew will be installing delineators down the center of the road, Clifford Ave. from Pennsylvania to Claremont. Clifford Ave. will be down to one lane with flaggers and traffic control in place. Please watch out for work crew. Let's keep everyone safe!
- COMPLETED - Utility Work | Ramsay Park | 5/2 & 5/3 - Harkins Slough Rd. - Traffic control will be in place as we prepare for communications cable for the Watsonville Nature Center. Work crew will be potholing. Please watch out for work crew. Let's keep everyone safe!
- COMPLETED - Utility Work | - 5/2 - 1203 Freedom Blvd. | Between Broadis and Marin -Traffic control in place - PG&E cutting in a new gas valve.
- Waterline Replacement - 4/22/19 to 6/30/19 - City crews continue work on Green Valley Road to replace a main waterline from 300' west of Carey Ave. to Freedom Blvd. Westbound lanes are subject to closure. Northbound Carey Ave. at Green Valley Rd. will be closed while the crew works on that section of the road. Please watch out for work crew. Let's keep everyone safe!
- Roadwork | 4/2019 - Hwy 152 (E. Lake Ave.). A construction project to install pedestrian facilities and widen the existing shoulders is underway on a ¾ -mile section of Hwy. 152 between Wagner Ave. and Holohan Rd. (E. Lake Ave.) Granite Construction is doing the work and it is a Caltrans Project. The project is scheduled to be completed in August of this year.
- Green Valley Road Slide Repair Project. This project was placed on hold due to the wet conditions (4/29/19). Construction of the Green Valley Road Slide Repair project is scheduled to begin January 22. This project will reinforce the slope embankment of Green Valley road just southwest of Carey Avenue. Work hours will be from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. Project to last two weeks.
- Sanitary Sewer Manholes Project - Project is scheduled to begin on April 23, 2018. The project will construct new sanitary sewer manholes on the following streets:
--San Benito St.
Links to Roads Traffic Conditions
Road Closures in Santa Cruz County.
Cruz511 Traffic Conditions
California Highway Conditions