Wetlands Trail Education Kit
What is it?
The Wetlands Trail Education Kit was designed for classes and community groups that would like to lead their own Watsonville Wetlands adventures. The Kit is great for all ages and requires NO prior preparation. Just grab and go to lead a successful Wetlands Trails Field Trip!
Who's it For?
The Wetlands Trail Education Kit is appropriate for K-6 classes, after-school programs, and youth groups. Teachers will also feel confident leading their class on a wetland adventure knowing that they have enough supplies for the whole class.
Wetlands Trail Education Kit Contents
- For Grades Pre-K - 2nd: Plastic Binoculars (35 units)
- For 3rd grade and above: Real Binoculars (18 units)
- Binocular Lends Cleaning Cloth (1 unit)
- Wetland Trail Scavenger Hunt Activity
- Sponge Erasers (15 units)
- Dry Erase Markers ( 35 units)
- Wetland Bingo (35 sheets)
- Watsonville Birds Poster Book
- Bird ID Cards (15 units)
- Magnifying Lenses (35 units)
- Laminated Trail Maps
- Fake "Scat Pack"
- Wetlands Metaphors "Gift Bag"
- Wetland Song Cards
- Wetland Species Card Packs (enough for each student to keep)
- Wetlands of Watsonville Nature Center Flyers (1 per student)
- List of Suggested activities and Itinerary
How Can I Reserve a Wetlands Trail Education Kit?
Contact us to reserve a Kit at least 2 weeks in advance from when you would like to have the Kit. We offer a one-on-one Kit training with a City staff to help familiarize yourself with the kit contents and activities. Please let us know if we can offer you a training session.
Where Do I Pick Up and Drop Off the Wetlands Trail Education Kit?
You can pick up a Wetlands Trail Education Kit at the City of Watsonville Community Development Office at 250 Main Street, Watsonville. The Community Development Office is open Monday through Friday from 7:30am to 4pm (CLOSED from noon-1:30pm for lunch). Trail Kits are located inside the pink cabinet there in the office. If you take advantage of setting up a Wetlands Trail Education Kit training, you can take the Kit with you that same day!
Dropping off the Kit is the responsibility of the person who checked the Kit out. Please drop-off the Kit at the City of Watsonville Community Development Office at 250 Main Street, Watsonville. The Community Development Office is open Monday through Friday from 7:30am to 4pm (CLOSED from noon-1:30pm for lunch). Please let someone at the front counter know you are dropping off a Wetlands Trail Education Kit. For more information, please do not hesitate to reach us at (831) 768-3107.