Residents can play an important role in protecting our water and maintaining our water system. We count on you to help us proactively identify and report all types of leaks. We also rely on your cooperation, patience and understanding when it comes to repairing a water disruption as quickly as possible.
To report a leak Monday-Friday, please call our Customer Service Division at (831) 768-3133.
For after hours and holidays, please call (831) 471-1151.
The City of Watsonville is responsible for the repair of leaks on the street side of the meter and for repairing the meter itself. Any pipe repairs on the customer’s side of the meter are the customer’s responsibility.
FIXING LEAKING AND BURST WATER PIPES IS NOT ALWAYS A FAST PROCESS.
We strive to investigate each call and repair any water related leaks. Please keep in mind that the repair timeline will be dependent upon the nature and severity of the leak, and other City water emergencies.
There are a number of checks and tests that need to be done before we can make a repair.
STEP ONE – CUSTOMERS REPORT LEAKS & BURSTS
We will ask customers for as much information as possible to find out how serious the leak is and what level of priority the repair should be given.
STEP TWO – THE DETAILS ARE PASSED TO WATER SERVICE STAFF
- Our customer service staff logs the information that goes to our water service staff.
STEP THREE – INVESTIGATING THE LEAK
- Our water service staff is dispatched to the specified location to verify the address and assess the severity of the leak or main break.
- State of California law requires utilities to complete an Underground Service Alert (USA) before digging in the street. Once a USA is requested, other utilities are allowed up to 48 hours to mark the locations of their infrastructure including pipelines, conduits, cables, and other structures in and around the affected area.
STEP FOUR – NOTIFYING CUSTOMERS IMPACTED BY WATER DISRUPTION
- Customers are notified of water disruptions with door hangers (except during emergencies).
STEP FIVE – REPAIRING THE LEAK
- A team is sent to fix the leaking pipe (which will involve digging up the road or pavement).
YOU CAN REPORT WATER LEAKS 24 HOURS A DAY, SEVEN DAYS A WEEK, INCLUDING HOLIDAYS, CALL (831) 471-1151.