Public Works & Utilities’ Engineering Division provides management and technical support for all divisions within Public Works and Utilities Department. It also provides design work and construction management for the City’s Capital Iimprovement Program as it relates to streets, traffic, parking, storm drain, wastewater, solid waste, and water facilities.
Engineering also administers the City’s Computerized Pavement Management Program (PMP) and implements necessary streets maintenance projects.
They also coordinate with the Santa Cruz County Regional Transportation Commission regarding regional transportation and the allocation of state and federal transportation funding. They also coordinate with Santa Cruz and Monterey Counties regarding flood control projects and related issues.
A FEW OF THE ACCOMPLISHMENTS (2009-2011)
- Completed Waste Water Head Works Pipeline replacement project
- Rehabilitated Green Valley Road from Main Street to Loma Prieta Ave.
- Completed annual seal project on variious streets and alleyways
- Installed speed feedback signs as part of the Safe Routes School Grant Program
- Retrofitted 400 street lights with new lights.
- Completed pedestrian at Auto Center and Main St.
- Upgraded signal controller upgrade on Freedom Blvd., Airport, and Green Valley corridors