Property owners are required to use paint or other method that matches the original color of the surface upon which the graffiti was placed.
- Take a chip (at least the size of a quarter) of the background paint to any hardware store such as OSH, Kelly Moore, Sherwin Williams, Harrison’s Color Corner, Home Depot.
- Ask for computer paint matching. The custom mixed paint will provide an excellent match.
- Keep extra matching paint on hand in case there are future graffiti incidents.
- For wood fences, use sand paper, a wire brush or a pressure washer or paint the fence using “loam brown” colored paint.
- For stucco or cement surfaces, use a pressure washer.
- For assistance, contact the City’s graffiti removal specialist who can advise you on paint and surface matching techniques. Call Public Works and Utilities Customer Service at 768-3133.
Your efforts are helping keep Watsonville a beautiful community.