Acceptable Materials & Extra Garbage
All recyclable materials are accepted free of charge!
- Yard Waste – Limit: 6 cubic yards per visit, 2 visits free per month per household. To recycle yard waste in excess of limit, call Customer Service at 768-3133. Accepted free: grass clippings, plant trimmings, leaves, shrubs, ivy and tree parts less than 2 feet in diameter and less than 8 feet long. Accepted as garbage for a fee: palm yucca, bamboo, poison oak, diseased plants, root balls, food waste, cactus and ice plant.
- Car tires – under 36″ without rim, 9 per year free
- Wood – unpainted and untreated wood only
- Appliances – refrigerators, washers, dryers, toasters, etc. one of each free per customer per year
- Used motor oil and filters – place filters in plastic bag
- Antifreeze, transmission fluid & auto batteries
- Cardboard, cartons, newspapers & phone books
- Office paper, junk mail, magazines and paper bags
- Aluminum & tin cans – rinsed
- Plastic items – all plastic except Styrofoam. Recycle plastic bottles, jugs, tubs, nursery posts, broken toys, etc. NO STYROFOAM of any kind is accepted
- Glass bottles & jars – rinsed
- Scrap metal – screen windows, lawn chairs, etc.
- Computers, monitors & other electronics
- All fluorescent lights & batteries
- Christmas trees – no flock or ornaments
- HHW (Household Hazardous Waste) – accepted on the second Saturday of each month from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Bring paint, garden and household chemicals, solvents, outdated medicines, etc.
- Extra household garbage is accepted for a fee
- Fee will be determined by gate attendant
- Fees for garbage, mattresses & additional tires are posted at gate or you can call Customer Service at 768-3133
- Businesses – for rates & restrictions call Customer service at 768-3133
More than 9 per year per customer
- $2 each; without rims
- $5 each; with rims
Tires greater than 36″
- $10 each, without rims
- $15 each, with rims