It is the mission of the City of Watsonville Code Enforcement Division to work in partnership with the community to promote and maintain a healthy, safe and desirable environment. The Code Enforcement division helps maintain or improve the quality of the community by administering a fair and unbiased enforcement program to correct violations of codes and ordinances enacted by the City Council in regard to property, buildings and structures. The Division enforces all Municipal Code regulations related to building and zoning, such as:
- Non-permitted construction
- Property maintenance
- Public nuisances
- Zoning/land use
- Substandard rental housing
- Commercial signage
- Unlicensed businesses
Code compliance activities are initiated through both complaints and by City staff observations. Complaints can be filed by either calling 831-768-3050 or filling out a compliant form online.
- Submit an online Code Enforcement Complaint Form, click here.
What to do if you receive a Notice of Violation
Please note that the Code Enforcement Division has increased enforcement activities throughout the City, both for residential and commercial code violations.
- Call the Code Enforcement Officer whose name and number is listed on the Violation. DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE. We are here to work with you to gain compliance.
- Find out how to correct the violation and do so promptly.
- You can ask for additional time provided you are making progress on the violations. Some problems are serious and correction must not be delayed. Remember to get proper permits that may be required for some repairs.
- If you are unwilling or unable to take prompt action to correct the violation, there are several possible consequences including fines and penalties.