Fire Cadet Program
This program is for youth between 15 to 20 years of age.
The cadet program provides the opportunity for high school and college students to become familiar with career opportunities available in the fire service through. Through classroom instruction, hands-on training, and volunteer work, cadets are provided a base of knowledge and experience that will benefit them not only in fire service careers, but in all future endeavors. The cadet program is designed to encourage and promote character building accountability, teamwork, safety, fitness and the development of leadership skills.
Complete the application and submit it to Division Chief Rudy Lopez Sr. at the administration offices located at 372 Airport Blvd. in Freedom.
- Learn basic firefighting skills, CPR and First Aid techniques
- Understand the firefighter-recruit testing process
- Become familiar with fire apparatus and equipment
- Participation in department ride-along program
- Develop team building and leadership skills
- Participate in community service events including fund raising, public education activities and volunteer work
- Develop physical fitness knowledge
Meeting Dates, Times, & Locations
Cadet schedule includes 2 training days a month;
- First Saturday 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM, and third Friday 6:30 – 8:30 PM.
- The training will be held at one of our fire stations.
- The meeting will begin with roll call and uniform inspections followed by classroom instruction and hands on training.
For further information on this program, contact DC Lopez at (831) 750-8012 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.