Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get a fire report?

How do I get a report on the medical help I received by the firefighters?

I am a teacher at a local school. How do I schedule a field trip?

Do you do car seat inspections?

I need my fire extinguisher inspected. Do you do that?

We don’t inspect or perform any work on fire extinguishers but you can check the California State Fire Marshal’s listing to find one near you.

I heard you give out toys for Christmas for needy families. How can I get my  kids on the list so they can received gifts too?

We don’t actually give out toys. We are one of the partners who helps Toys 4 Tots collect toys. To get a referral to a pantry distributing food and toys, contact the Community Food Hotline at Second Harvest Food Bank.

I would like to help collect toys for Toys 4 Tots. How can I be a collection site?

Fireworks. What are the rules?

  • Safe and Sane fireworks may be purchased from a vendor with a permit beginning 9:00 a.m., July 1st, and ending at 10:00 p.m. on July 4th.
  • No one under the age of eighteen is allowed to light fireworks
  • Fireworks may only be ignited within the city limits from July 1st to midnight July 5th