- City Government
- City Council
- Successor Agency
- Oversight Board of Successor Agency
- Boards & Commissions
- City Manager
- City Attorney
- City Clerk
- Public Hearings and Legal Notices
- Other Government Sites
- Online Bill Pay
- All Services
- Burn Days
- Fire Programs and Services
- How to Report a Fire Hazard
- Affordable Housing
- Housing Rehabilitation
- First Time Homebuyers
- Facts, Figures and FAQs
- Tenant Information
- Restaurant and Lounge
- Neighborhood Services
- Fee Schedule
- Graffiti Abatement Program
- Neighborhood Watch Program
- Library Catalog
- Environmental School Program
- Environmental Science Workshop
- Garbage, Recycling & Waste Reduction
- Pollution Prevention
- Utility Services
- Water Rates
- Animal Services
- Connect with Us
Watsonville Facilities Will Be Closed During Thanksgiving Week
City Facilities will be closed during the week of November 23, 2015 to November 27, 2015 due to the Thanksgiving holiday and continued budget reductions. We will reopen for business on Monday, November 30th.
City of Watsonville facilities will be closed during the week of November 23, 2015 to November 27, 2015 due to the Thanksgiving holiday and continued budget reductions. In the last seven years, most employees have forgone ten percent of pay in exchange for working fewer hours per week and having additional closure days during the holiday season. This is necessary to balance the budget as the City continues to recover from the down economy. Essential services such as Police, Fire, Airport, Water turn-on and Garbage collection will not be affected by this closure.
In 2015, city employees made pay concessions for Fiscal Years 2015-2017 which helped avoid major layoffs and assisted the city in dealing with a substantial General Fund deficit. Reducing services during this holiday period was an important part in providing sufficient savings to offset the deficit.
The General Fund is where most services are funded (Police, Fire, Parks & Community Services, Code Enforcement, Building and Community Development, Public Works, Finance and Administration).
Please call 471-1151 for water turn-on or water related emergency service requests. Dial 911 for health and safety emergencies. For building inspection requests and code enforcement complaints, please call and leave a message on the Community Development Department inspection request line at 768-3069. Inspections will be scheduled after we return.
Major City services closed include:
- All payment locations – You can pay your bill: Online pay, by calling our automated phone payment system at 1-855-748-3077, or at the payment drop boxes available at 250 Main Street (green box in the Union Street lot or near the rear entrance of Finance).
- Recycle & Yard waste drop-off
- Parks & Community Services
- Facility Rentals
- Building Permit or Plan Check Services
- Street and Road Projects
- Street Light Maintenance or Repairs
- Front Counter Services for Police
- Front Counter Services for Fire
- City Administration
This entry was posted on Tuesday, November 17th, 2015 at 10:46 am and is filed under City Manager, City of Watsonville, Community Development, Economic Development, Fire Department, Homepage News, Housing, Human Resources, Parks & Community Services, Public Works . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.