- City Government
- City Council
- Successor Agency
- Oversight Board of Successor Agency
- City Manager
- City Attorney
- City Clerk
- Boards & Commissions
- Public Hearings and Legal Notices
- Other Government Sites
- Online Bill Pay
- All Services
- Burn Days
- Fire Programs and Services
- How to Report a Fire Hazard
- Affordable Housing
- Housing Rehabilitation
- First Time Homebuyers
- Facts, Figures and FAQs
- Tenant Information
- Restaurant and Lounge
- Neighborhood Services
- Fee Schedule
- Graffiti Abatement Program
- Neighborhood Watch Program
- Library Catalog
- Environmental School Program
- Environmental Science Workshop
- Garbage, Recycling & Waste Reduction
- Stormwater – Pollution Prevention
- Utility Services
- Water Rates
- Animal Services
- Connect with Us
Sewer Pipe Replacement-Freedom Blvd. & Main St.
The project will be taking place from the intersection of Main St. and Freedom Blvd. to the intersection of Main St. and Ford St. Construction will be from 8pm to 6am so expect some possible traffic delays at night.
When will the project be completed?
The project is expected to begin April 29th and finish May 10th.
What is being done?
- Replacement – two hundred sixty one feet (261′) of new 10″ PVC sanitary sewer pipe.
- Installation – one hundred sixty eight feet (168’) of new 8” PVC sanitary sewer pipe.
- New residential and commercial lateral services.
- New manhole.
Why is this being done?
The current sanitary sewer pipes are not large enough to safely handle peak flow. Increasing the size of the pipes will ensure that no dangerous over-flows occur for current and future peak flow rates.
Who is doing the work?
The project was designed by City of Watsonville staff and will be constructed by Pavex Construction.
Who do I contact if I have any questions?
You can contact Monte Plasman, Assistant Engineer at 768-3115.
This entry was posted on Thursday, April 11th, 2013 at 4:51 pm and is filed under City of Watsonville, Community Development, Homepage News, Library, Parks & Community Services, Public Works . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.