- City Government
- City Council
- Successor Agency
- Oversight Board of Successor Agency
- City Manager
- City Attorney
- City Clerk
- Boards & Commissions
- Public Hearings and Legal Notices
- Other Government Sites
- Online Bill Pay
- All Services
- Burn Days
- Fire Programs and Services
- How to Report a Fire Hazard
- Affordable Housing
- Housing Rehabilitation
- First Time Homebuyers
- Facts, Figures and FAQs
- Tenant Information
- Restaurant and Lounge
- Neighborhood Services
- Fee Schedule
- Graffiti Abatement Program
- Neighborhood Watch Program
- Library Catalog
- Environmental School Program
- Environmental Science Workshop
- Garbage, Recycling & Waste Reduction
- Stormwater – Pollution Prevention
- Utility Services
- Water Rates
- Animal Services
- Connect with Us
Roache Road Water Main Project Begins 5/15
The City of Watsonville is committed to providing our community with a safe and reliable water supply. In order to serve you better, we are continually upgrading and replacing our water lines. If our next water line replacement project happens to be located in your neighborhood, we wanted to ensure that you understood the reason for the project and to apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause you.
Beginning May 15th the Field Services Division will construct the Roache Road Water Main Replacement Project located on Roache Road from Freedom Blvd. to Whitney Drive. This project will consist of installing 1,100′ LF of 6″ ductile iron pipe, new isolation valves, fire hydrants, new domestic services (as needed), and meter boxes.
The first step in this project is to tie into the 16″ existing water main on Freedom Blvd. (located in the #2 lane on the North side of Freedom Blvd.). In order to reduce traffic impacts to our community, it has been decided to start construction at 8:00 PM on the night of Wednesday the 15th, until 5:30 AM Thursday the 16th. By working at night our crews will be able to achieve the following:
- Safely work without any major traffic hazards by completely closing down Freedom Blvd. from Airport to Green Valley.
- Save time by making connection to Freedom water main crossing all 4-lanes of traffic within a 9-hour shift at night vs. completing the same amount of work in 3 days during peak traffic times.
- Minimize traffic disruptions by performing the work on off-peak traffic times
- Reduced impacts to local businesses and residents
NOTE: Since this major traffic artery will be closed it is advised that alternate routes be utilized: Airport Blvd.d/Holohan Road or Loma Prieta Ave., these detour routes will be displayed accordingly at the Airport/Freedom & Green Valley/Freedom Intersections.
It’s expected that the rest of this project will be completed in less than 3-weeks. During construction there will be traffic controls in place on Roache Road and delays to the local residents are to be expected.
Any questions or concerns regarding this work please feel free to contact Steve Hernandez, Water Operations Manager at 768-3194. We thank you for your understanding and patience during this important project!
This entry was posted on Wednesday, May 8th, 2013 at 4:45 pm and is filed under City of Watsonville, Community Development, Homepage News, Library, Parks & Community Services, Public Works . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.