- City Government
- City Council
- Successor Agency
- Oversight Board of Successor Agency
- Boards & Commissions
- City Manager
- City Attorney
- City Clerk
- Public Hearings and Legal Notices
- Other Government Sites
- Online Bill Pay
- All Services
- Burn Days
- Fire Programs and Services
- How to Report a Fire Hazard
- Affordable Housing
- Housing Rehabilitation
- First Time Homebuyers
- Facts, Figures and FAQs
- Tenant Information
- Restaurant and Lounge
- Neighborhood Services
- Fee Schedule
- Graffiti Abatement Program
- Neighborhood Watch Program
- Library Catalog
- Environmental School Program
- Environmental Science Workshop
- Garbage, Recycling & Waste Reduction
- Pollution Prevention
- Utility Services
- Water Rates
- Animal Services
- Connect with Us
Nixle is a courtesy community information service utilized by the City of Watsonville, dedicated to helping you stay informed about police, fire, public works and other City activities. NIXLE messages can be received via text message on a smart phone or by email.
Nixle alerts can be for traffic advisories, fires, missing persons, police activity happening in close proximity to a school or heavily populated area.
Just for clarification, when an emergency at or near a school happens, emergency 911 dispatchers and first responders work directly with school administration as soon as possible, especially when a school lock-down is needed.
NIXLE notifications on the other hand are sent out when time permits and when staff is available. Often times this is the on-duty sergeant who is busy overseeing a dynamic situation that is still unfolding. As such, it is not always possible to send NIXLE messages immediately so we apologize for delays and will work on bettering our system of delivery.
Here are three ways to sign up for NIXLE messages:
1) go to www.nixle.com and register your phone and/or email address
2) text zip code of 95076 to 888777
3) type in keyword (WATSPD for English or WATSESPANOL for Spanish) to888777
4) For NIXLE Crime Tip: Text “TIP WATSPD” to 888777
The police department is always looking for ways in which to better serve the community and welcomes your input and ideas. For more information on NIXLE or to contact us, please visit www.watsonvillepd.com or call 831-768-3300.
This entry was posted on Wednesday, June 4th, 2014 at 9:12 am and is filed under City of Watsonville, Homepage News . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.