- City Government
- City Council
- Successor Agency
- Oversight Board of Successor Agency
- Boards & Commissions
- City Manager
- City Attorney
- City Clerk
- Public Hearings and Legal Notices
- Other Government Sites
- Online Bill Pay
- All Services
- Burn Days
- Fire Programs and Services
- How to Report a Fire Hazard
- Affordable Housing
- Housing Rehabilitation
- First Time Homebuyers
- Facts, Figures and FAQs
- Tenant Information
- Restaurant and Lounge
- Neighborhood Services
- Fee Schedule
- Graffiti Abatement Program
- Neighborhood Watch Program
- Library Catalog
- Environmental School Program
- Environmental Science Workshop
- Garbage, Recycling & Waste Reduction
- Pollution Prevention
- Utility Services
- Water Rates
- Animal Services
- Connect with Us
Help Us By Taking the Survey for Measure D Projects
Take the Survey
In November 2016, voters approved the county-wide ½ cent sales tax. Watsonville’s portion of this funding for road maintenance and street improvements will be approximately $750,000 annually for the next 30 years. This funding will be managed and spent in Watsonville and cannot be taken away by the State for other projects. The City of Watsonville must now prepare a plan to utilize this funding and we would like your input.
TYPES OF PROJECTS that can utilize Measure D funding include:
- Repair potholes and maintain local streets
- Continue to create safer routes to schools for students and families
- Invest in bicycle and pedestrian pathways and trails
- Ease congestion on roadways and invest in projects to reduce pollution
PROJECTS ALREADY PROGRAMMED
Please note there are projects the City is already working on: these have secured funding and will be built within the next two years and include:
- Airport Boulevard Reconstruction – Westgate Drive & Larkin Valley Road to Holm Road: Project includes repairing the roadway and bike lanes and installing pedestrian improvements between Nelson St. and Hanger Way and at Holm Rd.
- Airport Boulevard Improvements – Freedom Blvd. to the City Limits: Project will improve the roadway and bike lanes, relocate the existing bus stop and improve pedestrian safety and access.
- Green Valley Road Improvements – Struve Slough to Freedom Blvd: Repair the roadway and bike lanes and install pedestrian improvements.
- Green Valley Rd. Adaptive Traffic Control System: Reduction of traffic congestion and delays.
- Rail Trail: Install a 12 foot wide path along the railroad tracks between Lee Rd. and Walker Street.
These projects have their own source of funding. They are given as examples of the type of projects the City has in place.
Thank you for your suggestions. City staff will gather information provided by the public and present a list of projects to the City Council in March 2017 for their approval.
If you have questions, you can contact Murray Fontes, Principal Engineer at 768-3117.
This entry was posted on Tuesday, February 28th, 2017 at 3:49 pm and is filed under City Manager, City of Watsonville, Homepage News, Public Works . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.