- City Government
- City Council
- Successor Agency
- Oversight Board of Successor Agency
- Boards & Commissions
- City Manager
- City Attorney
- City Clerk
- Public Hearings and Legal Notices
- Other Government Sites
- Online Bill Pay
- All Services
- Burn Days
- Fire Programs and Services
- How to Report a Fire Hazard
- Affordable Housing
- Housing Rehabilitation
- First Time Homebuyers
- Facts, Figures and FAQs
- Tenant Information
- Restaurant and Lounge
- Neighborhood Services
- Fee Schedule
- Graffiti Abatement Program
- Neighborhood Watch Program
- Library Catalog
- Environmental School Program
- Environmental Science Workshop
- Garbage, Recycling & Waste Reduction
- Pollution Prevention
- Utility Services
- Water Rates
- Animal Services
- Connect with Us
Engineers’ Week – Annual Egg Drop Competition
Join the City of Watsonville as we celebrate the 65th Anniversary of Engineers Week at the annual egg drop competition.
ENGINEERS’ WEEK – ANNUAL EGG DROP COMPETITION
February 25, 2016
4:00 p.m. Registration begins onsite
Alley between the Civic Plaza and the Post Office on Main Street
- Registration begins onsite at 4:00 p.m. Launching will follow. Registration includes sign-in and placing egg in container.
- The following are not allowed
- wood containers or containers made of a material that could shatter
- liquids or gel substances
- Styrofoam packing “peanuts”
- duct tape or other kinds of reinforced tape
- One raw egg and one plastic bag shall be provided for each entry. Egg shall be placed in plastic bag within container to minimize mess if the egg breaks.
- Each entry is allowed one drop
- Container shall be launched by a designated official. Containers shall be launched by sliding them along a seven foot ramp that is seven inches wide. The ramp is necessary to provide separation between the container and the building.
- Container must land on the ground and cannot be caught.
- Participants must clean up and dispose of their own egg and container and repair any damage to public or private property.
- The winner is the egg that survives the fall with no cracks and comes to rest closest to the target.
- MESA students will be allowed group and multiple egg entries to comply with MESA rules.
For additional information call Public Works at 768-3100.
This entry was posted on Monday, February 8th, 2016 at 10:36 am and is filed under City Manager, City of Watsonville, Homepage News, Public Works . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.