- City Government
- City Council
- Successor Agency
- Oversight Board of Successor Agency
- City Manager
- City Attorney
- City Clerk
- Boards & Commissions
- Public Hearings and Legal Notices
- Other Government Sites
- Online Bill Pay
- All Services
- Burn Days
- Fire Programs and Services
- How to Report a Fire Hazard
- Affordable Housing
- Housing Rehabilitation
- First Time Homebuyers
- Facts, Figures and FAQs
- Tenant Information
- Restaurant and Lounge
- Neighborhood Services
- Fee Schedule
- Graffiti Abatement Program
- Neighborhood Watch Program
- Library Catalog
- Environmental School Program
- Environmental Science Workshop
- Garbage, Recycling & Waste Reduction
- Stormwater – Pollution Prevention
- Utility Services
- Water Rates
- Animal Services
- Connect with Us
Community Water Dialogue Meeting on November 24th
NEXT MEETINGNovember 24, 2014 Cassin Ranch Conference Room 151 Silliman Road Watsonville
TOPICMeeting the challenge of sustainable groundwater management
- Update on CWD Action and progress towards Basin Management Plant targets
- Learn about the new statewide Sustainable Groundwater Management Act and its implications for the Pajaro Valley
- Generate ideas and next steps for achieving conservation targets given the drought
|12:30||Check-in, survey and refreshments|
|1:00||Welcome, Why are we here? Today’s agenda and goals Kelley Bell, Driscolls Jim Marshall, Suncrest Nurseries|
|1:10||Statewide legislation for sustainable groundwater management and other state efforts to support local solutions Kathy Viatella, CA Water Foundation)|
|1:40||Implications for the Pajaro Valley. Are we on track for achieving the targets set out in the BMP? How does this position us for meeting the state requirements? Brian Lockwood, PVWMA|
|2:10||Break and Complete Survey|
|2:45||Interactive conversation: How do we meet the 5000 AF reduction target given the reality of drought? Improved efficiency through conservation programs is part of the solution. What other strategies should we consider? Generate ideas and actions.|
You can download the Agenda here.
Be a part of the Pajaro Valley community solution to aquifer overdraft, and find out how you can get involved to benefit your bottom line and your basin.
WhenTuesday November 5, 2013
Where?Civic Plaza Community Rooms 275 Main St., Suite 400
Park on the top floor of the parking garage and pick-up your parking pass
What time?Check-in: 8:30 a.m. Meeting: 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 Noon Followed by free lunch
You may RSVP by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (831) 763-3232.
Join the Community Water Dialogue Tuesday November 5th in a dynamic discussion on water conservation strategies and incentives. You can download the Meeting Agenda here.
- Hear from growers about actions they are taking to conserve water.
- Learn about available resources in the community to support efficient water use on farms.
- Generate ideas and clear steps for creating water conservation incentives to drive action.
- Growers – enter to win a three month subscription to the Wireless Irrigation Network (WIN) to improve your irrigation management with real-time soil moisture tension data.*
Come meet the broad group of community leaders who have stepped forward to help guide the Community Water Dialogue, and hear updates on actions related to Land Management, Managed Aquifer Recharge, Big Projects, and Communications. Get involved and connect with other community members committed to solutions.
This entry was posted on Monday, October 28th, 2013 at 5:50 pm and is filed under City Manager, City of Watsonville, Community Development, Economic Development, Homepage News, Library, Parks & Community Services, Planning Commission, Public Works . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.