- City Government
- City Council
- Successor Agency
- Oversight Board of Successor Agency
- Boards & Commissions
- City Manager
- City Attorney
- City Clerk
- Public Hearings and Legal Notices
- Other Government Sites
- Online Bill Pay
- All Services
- Burn Days
- Fire Programs and Services
- How to Report a Fire Hazard
- Affordable Housing
- Housing Rehabilitation
- First Time Homebuyers
- Facts, Figures and FAQs
- Tenant Information
- Restaurant and Lounge
- Neighborhood Services
- Fee Schedule
- Graffiti Abatement Program
- Neighborhood Watch Program
- Library Catalog
- Environmental School Program
- Environmental Science Workshop
- Garbage, Recycling & Waste Reduction
- Pollution Prevention
- Utility Services
- Water Rates
- Animal Services
- Connect with Us
Caltrans Continues Project in Downtown Watsonville
Caltrans is currently working on paving various city streets. You can view the file of streets below:
Hwy152june2015 (118.2 KiB)
Hwy152june2015 (118.2 KiB)
Caltrans’ pavement overlay project on Highway 152 will require ONE-DAY FULL CLOSURE in downtown Watsonville for slurry seal on Saturday, May 30th. If you have questions regarding this project, contact Katie Beach at (831) 455-5707.
According to the Caltrans News Release dated 5/22/15, crews will continue on a two-mile pavement overlay project along Hwy. 152 from the Hwy. 152/Hwy.1 separation to Holohan Road that began May 4 and will a require a one-day full closure in downtown Watsonville on Saturday, May 30.
The full closure will take place on Saturday, May 30 from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. in downtown Hwy. 152 and requires the full closure to complete the slurry seal in a more efficient, safer and expedited manner. The plan is to take both directions of traffic for a few blocks at a time on Main St. (Freedom Blvd. to West Beach St.) and on West Lake and West Beach Streets (between Main St. and Lincoln St.) Motorists can expect a delay not to exceed 15 minutes while taking the signed detour.
The numerous benefits include:
- Reducing the number of work days and disruption of downtown from four days to one;
- Eliminating additional impacts on the already reduced parking, as more restrictions would have to be placed on the parking in both directions for the whole four days;
- Allowing more efficient work and a better product in the downtown area and
- Providing more safety for the workers and the traveling public.
All work is expected to be complete by the end of July. VSS International from West Sacramento, CA is the contractor for this $800,000 project.
Caltrans reminds motorists to move over and slow down when driving through highway construction zones!
For lane closure information on theis project and for traffic updates on other Caltrans projects in Santa Cruz County, residents can call the District 5 toll free number at 8-831-423-0396 or can visit Caltrans website at http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist05/paffairs/release.htm#scr
Caltrans’ project also includes one lane closures on certain streets off of Hwy 152 (E. Lake Avenue). You can download the schedule here.
This entry was posted on Wednesday, May 27th, 2015 at 1:23 pm and is filed under City Manager, City of Watsonville, Homepage News, Public Works, Traffic . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.