|Beatriz Vázquez Flores 275 Main St., Suite 400 (4th Floor) Watsonville, CA 95076 (831) 768-3040 Business Hours: Monday – Thursday 8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M Contact the City Clerk|
The City Clerk’s Office is in charge of administering Municipal Elections, which are consolidated with the Santa Cruz County Elections Department. For additional current and past election information, please visit the Santa Cruz County Elections Department at http://www.votescount.com
November 8, 2016
Candidates’ statements are available for public examination for ten (10) calendar days, immediately following the filing deadline for submission of those documents. During this period, any voter of the appropriate City District, or the elections official, may seek a writ of mandate or an injunction requiring any or all of the material in the statement to be amended or deleted.
- Public Display of Election Documents
- Public Examination of Ordinances
- Pursuant to Elections Code §9295 a copies of the following resolutions and ordinance calling the election are being made available for public examination at the City Clerk’s Office, 275 Main Street, Fourth Floor, Watsonville, CA 95076, and on this Website for a period of ten (10) calendar days. The public examination period ends on Tuesday, August 22, 2016, at 5:00 p.m.
- Measures to be voted on
Notice of Election Measures to be Voted on and Deadline for Filing Arguments. Arguments deadline: 5 pm Friday, August 19, 2016. Guide to writing arguments.
- Public Examination of Arguments, City Attorney Analyses, and Fiscal Analyses
- Pursuant to Elections Code §9295 copies of the arguments in favor and against the following measures, City Attorney Analyses, and Fiscal Analyses are being made available for public examination at the City Clerk’s Office, 275 Main Street, Fourth Floor, Watsonville, CA 95076, for a period of ten (10) calendar days. The public examination period ends on Monday, August 29, 2016, at 5:00 p.m.
- Resolution No. 110-16 (CM): Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT)–Measure
- Ordinance No. 1332-16: Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT)–Measure J
- Resolution No. 113-16 (CM): Ordering Election for Utility Users’ Tax (UTT)
- Ordinance No. 1335-16 (CM): Utility Users Tax (UTT)–Measure K
- Resolution No. 111-16 (CM): Ordering Cannabis Tax & Advisory Tax Revenue Apportionment Measure
- Ordinance No. 1330-16 (CM): Cannabis Tax Measure L
- Ordinance No. 1331-16: Advisory Tax Revenue Apportionment Measure M
Campaign Disclosure Requirements
All Candidates for state and local offices are required to file campaign disclosure statements at established dates before the election. Additionally, any committee formed to support or oppose a candidate or ballot measure is required to file campaign disclosure statements. Click here to see past and present Campaign Statements.